Ever thought of fixing an egg in your toaster oven, but you weren’t sure if it is safe?
Your toaster oven can make mouthwatering egg recipes, including Sunny-side Up eggs, bake, boil hard/soft eggs, make omelets, sandwiches, and many more. And you can also boil your eggs in a toaster oven! But with slow heating.
Eggs in an oven can indeed explode, but with the right temperature, they will not. Also, it depends on the type of oven.
If it is a microwave, pressure will build in the egg, causing an explosion. But with a toaster oven, there are a dozen egg recipes that you can follow to cook your egg.
Most recommendations for cooking eggs in any oven are between 325 to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. And that includes your toaster oven. The slow and low heating will prevent your eggs from bursting.
Our article gets into the nitty-gritty of cooking eggs in a toaster oven. We will show you simple toast oven egg recipes that you can follow to treat your loved ones this upcoming holiday season.
How to cook eggs in a toaster oven?
There are several ways you can utilize your toaster oven for cooking eggs. We have up to five zingy recipes for you. Have a glance!
1. Hard-boiled eggs
If you are a fan of hard-boiled eggs, you can use your toaster oven to boil and make this simple and perfect recipe. Hard-boiled eggs are great for breakfast, picnics, and a four o’clock snack.
Besides dipping eggs in boiling water, you can try them out with a toaster oven; But how?
Preheat your toaster oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. Some toaster ovens run cooler, so you can heat up to 350 degrees Fahrenheit if yours drops the temperatures. At this temperature, you will not encounter an explosion.
- Place your eggs in the oven and wait for 30 minutes.
- Remove your eggs from the toaster oven and keep them in a medium bowl of ice water.
- Hold on for 10 minutes. That will immediately stop the cooking process.
- Peel and enjoy your hard-boiled eggs.
If you don’t like it hard, you can reduce it to 12-15 minutes for a soft yolk and white.
2. Toaster Oven-baked eggs
This one is an easy recipe. Toaster oven-baked eggs will convert your bland breakfast casserole into an impressive mouthwatering mini breakfast.
Your kids will love preparing and munching the delicacy. It’s a mix and bake process;
- Shredded cheese.
- Roasted potatoes
- As usual with any egg recipe, you will use 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Adjust your toaster oven temperature and preheat on the Bake setting at 350°F.
- Get a clean and dry medium glass or ceramic bowl, break the eggs and whisk them to get a consistent mixture.
- Add all the ingredients that you would like and stir them up. You can add cheese, chili, jalapeno, roasted potatoes, garlic, coriander, or any other ingredients that you love.
- Oil your baking dish and pour in the mixture.
- Toss the dish into the preheated toaster oven. Cook the eggs until they are set such that there is no jiggle in the middle. The edges should be brown while the top is all golden. You can check your eggs for doneness with a knife. Just prick the center to see if your mixture sticks (it should not stick).
When all is well in your toaster oven, remove the baking dish and keep it aside to cool. It will take you a few minutes. You pile toppings of your choice like shredded cheese.
3. Toaster Oven Sunny-side Up Eggs
This recipe is one of the simplest ways to cook an egg in a toaster oven. The Sunny-side Up Eggs is quick to fix. If your kids are always fussy about breakfast, this can be an excellent trick for them.
It is interesting for them to make and excite their taste buds. Toaster Oven Sunny-side Up Eggs meal is complete and perfect for lunch and dinner.
How to make the sunny-side-up eggs with a toaster oven
- Cooking spray
- Spray your loaf pan with the cooking spray.
- Break the eggs directly into the pan. Do not stir the eggs.
- Toss in the pan into the toaster oven and toast the eggs until they are your preferred doneness.
- Remove the pan from the toaster and top with pepper and salt.
- Serve and enjoy your toaster oven egg delicacy.
4. Egg casserole
An egg casserole is usually light, fluffy, and flavored. Its texture resembles a well-cooked omelet. Some chefs add meat, cheese, bacon, and vegetables to enrich the eggs with fiber and extra protein.
It is also another simple recipe that you can cook with your toaster oven by following simple steps;
- Eggs: two
- Milk: A quarter cup
- Bread cubes
- Shredded spinach
- Shredded cheese
- Crumbled bacon
- Cider wrap/ aluminum foil
- Break the eggs in a mixing bowl.
- Add the milk and whisk in circular motions to attain a smooth consistency with no foam.
- Add bread cubes into the mixture and stir with a wooden spoon. Stir until the cubes absorb the mixture. Add shredded spinach, shredded cheese, and crumbled bacon into the mix.
- Spray an oil coat on your toaster oven’s baking pan.
- Pour in the egg mixture and top with more shredded cheese.
- Cover the baking pan with a cider wrap or aluminum foil and refrigerate the mixture for 48 hours.
- Preheat your toaster oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Remove the pan from the refrigerator and unwrap.
- Toss the pan/casserole into the oven and bake for 50 minutes. You can bake until you see the cheese puffing up on top of the casserole.
5. Toaster Oven Eggs in Purgatory
Smile! We are not sending you to purgatory. We are cooking delicious eggs in your toaster oven.
Although it sounds more of a Catholic or Italian delicacy, it is surprisingly a superb meal to start your day. It is also fulfilling, filling dinner dish.
We will bake eggs in ramekins in 20 minutes. All you need is;
- Shredded basil: 3 tablespoons
- Large eggs: 4
- Tomato Sauce: half cup
- Heavy Cream/milk: 2 tablespoon
- Grated parmesan: 2 tablespoon
- Grated Fontina: 2 tablespoon
- Preheat your toaster oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease the ramekin lightly with olive oil.
- Pour in quarter cup sauce.
- Add the two eggs with the yolk intact. Do not mix.
- Top with milk/cream, shredded basil, and grated cheese.
- Pop the dish into the toaster oven and bake until the egg white set. The sauce should be bubbly and the cheese golden brown.
You don’t have to wait until Lent to enjoy Toaster Oven Eggs in Purgatory!
How long does it take for an egg to cook in a toaster oven?
The toaster oven’s versatility offers you an excellent opportunity to make simple and innovative egg breakfasts. You can bake, make sunny-side-up egg delicacy, and also hard boil your egg.
Each one of the recipes determines the time for cooking your eggs in your toaster oven.
If you are boiling your eggs using the appliance, it can take up to 30 minutes. Again, the duration will give you hard yolk and white. You can reduce the time for a softer yolk.
For other recipes, you can wait until the egg white sets. It can take ten minutes or more, depending on the recipe and the number of eggs you cook.
To check if the egg is ready, you can prick with a fork to examine the doneness.
What happens if you put an egg in the oven?
Depending on the type of oven, an egg can explode and leave you running for your life. If you put an egg with its shells in the microwave, steam will build up faster inside and cause it to burst.
Besides the blasting noise, your bursts of steam will leave your kitchen a ton of mess to clean!
The golden rule for microwaving your eggs is to break the shell to prevent exploding.
In a toaster oven, it is different. You don’t have to worry about explosions. Pop your eggs in the toaster oven to get that perfect hard-boiled outcome. The shells will come out intact without cracks.
In addition, the interior will be well cooked. To achieve this outcome, you have to set the toaster oven at 325 and 350 degrees Fahrenheit. If you love the soft yolks, you can cook for fewer minutes.
You May Also Like:
- How To Cook Eggs Without Oil Or Butter 5 Ways
- The 5 Best French Door Toaster Oven
- 5 Best Microwave Toaster Oven Combo
- Can You Put A Cooling Rack In The Oven?
- Best Air Fry Tray For Oven
A toaster oven is an appliance that can help you set different egg dishes on your table. The recipes we have shared are just but a few.
There are many other ways you can cook eggs in a toaster oven. You can sheet pan-fry your eggs in a toaster oven, make purgatory casserole, or even hard boil your eggs.
With able pre-preparations, the recipes are simple, and only a few will take you more than 20 minutes.
Set your temperatures low at 325 to 350 degrees Fahrenheit unless the recipe demands otherwise. The unshelled eggs will cook intact without breaking or shattering.
Treat your family and friends generously with eggs cooked in a toaster oven!