There are different types of material-made bread bins available in the present market, including stainless bread bins, wooden bread bins, plastic bread bins, and bamboo bread bins.
You are lucky if you are a stainless steel bread bin user because cleaning a stainless steel bread bin is easier than a wooden bread box, plastic bread box, and bamboo bread box.
In this article, we will teach you how do you clean stainless steel bread bins? Here will also give you some important tips about How Do You Protect Your Stainless Steel Bread Bin From Rusting?
Note: Our given tips will help you clean your other stainless steel appliances, including stainless steel refrigerator, stainless steel fry pan, stainless steel sink, and more.
How Do You Clean Stainless Steel Bread Bins? /How Do You Clean A Metal Bread Bin?
Stainless steel bread bins are also known as stainless steel bread boxes, stainless steel bread containers, metal bread bins, metal bread containers, and metal bread boxes.
Cleaning a stainless steel bread bin is very easy. Just you need some required equipment and some of your effort for cleaning it.
Cleaning your stainless steel bread bin will be easier for you if your bread box comes with the user manual, and you can clean your bread box following that manual.
Anyway, collect the following required equipment to clean your stainless steel bread bin if they don’t present at your home right now.
You have to make sure these required equipment are present in the working place before starting cleaning your stainless steel bread box or any other stainless steel appliance.
- Stainless steel bread bin
- Microfiber Cloth
- Soft Cloth or Towel
- Rubbing alcohol
- Olive Oil
- Bar Keepers Friend Cleanser
Buy These Requirement Equipment
Process Of Cleaning Stainless Steel Bread Bins
- Take Your Bread Box
To clean your stainless steel bread bin, take out your bread bin from the kitchen cabinet or counter where you have stored it. And then, keep it in the working place (a plain surface) where you want to clean the bin.
2. Rinse The Bin Lightly With Water
Now rinse the bin lightly with fresh water. Water will soften all the dirt, stains, and mold of the bin. That will help you easily remove all the dirt, stains, and mold from the bin in the next step.
3. Take Microfiber Cloth And Damp It With Water
Now take the microfiber cloth in your hand and then dampen it with water.
4. Wipe The Whole Bread Bin With Damped Microfiber Cloth
Now wipe your whole stainless steel bread bin thoroughly (surface, inside, and outside) with the microfiber cloth. Continue wiping the bin with the microfiber cloth until the bin is completely cleaned.
5. Wipe The Whole Bread Bin With A dry Microfiber Cloth
We are assuming you have cleaned all the dirt, mold, and stains from your bin. Now wipe the whole bin thoroughly with a dry microfiber cloth.
6. Tackle Tough Spot With Rubbing Alcohol
If still there are any tough spots in the bin, then take a dry cloth or towel in your hand and damp it with some rubbing alcohol.
Then, wipe the tough spots with the rubbing alcohol damped cloth or towel. Continue the wiping process until all the tough spots are completely removed from the bin.
7. Tackle Tough Spots With Bar Keepers Friends Cleanser
If you cannot remove all the tough water spots, stains, mold, and more using rubbing alcohol, then you can use a few drops of Bar Keepers Friend Cleanser to remove them from the bin.
Take a few drops of Bar Keepers Friend Cleanser in a cloth and then wipe the tough water spots, stains, mold, and more with it. Hopefully, now there will be no water spots, stains, and more in the bin.
8. Apply Some Olive Oil To The Bread Bin
Hopefully, you have been able to remove all the spots, stains, mold, and more from your stainless steel bread bin.
Now take a soft cloth or a towel and a few drops of olive oil in it.
Then wipe the whole bread bin with the olive oil damped cloth or towel. The oil will protect the bread bin from getting rusty and will erase water spots and more.
9. Store The Bread Bin In A Dry Place
After applying olive oil to the whole bread bin, store your bread bin in a dry place. It will be better if you can store your bread bin in an airless place.
Alternative Way Of Cleaning Stainless Steel Bread Bin
If you don’t want to clean your stainless steel bread bin following the above-mentioned tips or you think these tips are tough for you to follow, don’t worry.
There is another easy way to clean stainless steel bread boxes. Follow our below’s tips to clean your stainless steel bread box in an alternative way.
- Take your bread bin and soak it in warm soapy water for two or three minutes.
- If this is not possible, pour enough warm soapy water to soak the whole bread bin (inside and outside).
- Now take a dishwashing sponge in your hand and start wiping the whole bread bin with it.
- Continue wiping the bread bin with the sponge until all the stains, water spots, mold, and more remove completely from the bin.
- After completing removing all the mold, stains, and water spots from your bread bin by wiping with a dishwashing sponge, now rinse the whole bread box thoroughly with fresh water.
- Now your stainless steel bread box is completely molds, stains, and water spots free (completely clean). Now you have to dry your bread bin.
- For drying the bread bin, take a dry cloth or a towel in your hand and wipe the whole bread bin with it so that the bread bin becomes completely dry.
- Now apply some olive oil to the whole bread bin following above-mentioned tips No.8. And then, store your bread bin in a dry and airless place.
How Do You Protect Your Stainless Steel Bread Bin From Rusting?
- Clean your bread bin regularly. It is the most effective way to prevent your stainless steel bread bin from rusting.
- Never store your stainless steel bread bin in wet or damped condition.
- Always try to store your bread box in a dry and airless place.
- Try to use your bread box regularly.
- Don’t leave your bread bin unused for a long time.
- Never try to use abrasive pads, salt, and the wrong cleaners while cleaning your stainless steel bread box.
- Always apply some oil to the whole bread bin before storing the bread bin for the next time use.
- Always try to use your bread box following its manufacturer’s instructions.
A bread box needs to be cleaned regularly; whether it is made of stainless steel or wooden or bamboo and more, it is not a consideration.