If you love eating baked potatoes, just know how delicious they are by cooking in an air fryer. In fact, try this in a Cuisinart air fryer, and you will never use your oven again.
A baked potato has a crispy skin on the outside while the middle is soft and tender. From my experience, the best appliance I can confidently recommend you to buy for this purpose is a Cuisinart air fryer.
It cooks the potatoes fast and does not heat the house. Luckily, this guide gives you a guide on how to cook baked potatoes in Cuisinart Air Flyer. Stay here to learn more.
Ingredients for baked potatoes recipe
- 4 russet potatoes medium
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1 teaspoon avocado oil
- ½ teaspoon granulated garlic
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- Black pepper to taste
- Scrub and dry the potatoes well.
- Cover your potatoes with seasoning and oil.
- Massage the seasonings into the potato and pierce them using a fork.
- Put the potatoes into the air fryer basket and air fryer them at 4000 F in a bucket style and 3500 F in an oven style.
- Cook the potatoes for 20 minutes, flip them and then cook them for 10-15 minutes at 3750 F
- Give the potatoes 5 minutes to cool.
- Slice the potato open, and push the bottoms in your fingers to fluff it.
- Serve as desired with your favorite toppings.
- Do not overcrowd the air fryer basket to allow the air to circulate to the potatoes to fry them with hot air.
- Cook at 4000 F for bucket style and 3500 F for toaster oven style.
- With oven style, flipping helps the potatoes to crisp evenly.
- Adjust the temperature and time if your potatoes are smaller before air frying. Cook less if they are larger and longer at reduced temperature if they are much larger potatoes.
- For approximately three days, you can store cooked potatoes in a refrigerator using an air-tight container.
Do you have to poke holes in a potato before putting it in an air fryer?
In general, potatoes are packed with humidity. They develop steam or vapor in their insides while baking, independent of their color and size. Once the water particles are heated beyond the boiling point, they evaporate inside the potato, allowing them to cook. But, the excess steam can cause pressure to build in the potato, making it burst open as it roasts.
From this, poking the skin of a potato with your knife or fork several times before baking it is worth it. Remember, not all potatoes burst open if not pierced before. However, it is important to the surface because you cannot predict if it is liable to blast.
When cooking baked potatoes with your Cuisinart air fryer, you do not have to pierce your potatoes with holes. This is because the appliance is more energy-efficient than an oven. Besides, it will not heat the kitchen. The excellent high circulation and shorter cook time ensure you’re the exterior part of your potato is crispy while the interior is fluffy.
Can You Bake In a Cuisinart Air Fryer?
We have received a lot of questions on whether one can use a Cuisinart Air Fryer to bake. The answer to this question is a yes. You can use this appliance for baking delicious baked goods if you do not have an oven.
But, there are some important things you must do for excellent outcomes. One of them is doing it in several batches because it does not have a similar capacity to an oven. In addition, you need to make some size adjustments to ensure it fits your baked goods inside.
Note that there are things you can and cannot bake with this air fryer. For instance, you can bake cookies, cupcakes, quick bread, cinnamon rolls, doughnuts, sponge, and Chiffon cakes. On the other hand, do not bake smaller baked goods and anything with cheese using a Cuisinart air fryer.
Things to consider when baking with a Cuisinart Air Fryer:
- Reduce the suggested temperature by 25 degrees Fahrenheit /14 Degrees Celsius using an oven-to-air fryer converter.
- Lessen the baking time by 20%.
- Check the doneness periodically.
Take notes on these aspects when baking with a Cuisinart Fryer:
1. Preheat it before using
Like an oven, an air fryer functions excellent only if you allow it to reach the right temperature before using it for cooking or baking.
Preheating the air fryer reaches the optimum cooking condition to ensure your food is evenly cooked. Thus, in the case of baking, preheating prevents under-baked cookies and cakes.
2. Avoid overcrowding the basket or pan.
It is a fact that cooking a big batch of food helps you to save time. However, there are higher chances of ruining your food. When you overcrowd your air fryer, you will end up with un-even cooked cakes or cookies.
It is important to allow spaces between your foods to ensure hot air circulates evenly and your food cooks evenly.
3. Clean your air fryer after use
Doing this ensures your appliance stays in the right condition always. Crumbs are left in the basket when cooking or baking with an air fryer.
Thus, failure to clean it after completing cooking time means the crumbs will burn the next time you use it, producing a bad smell. Luckily, a Cuisinart has removable parts that allow you to clean it thoroughly.
4. You need oil or butter.
Even if you use an air fryer, it does not mean you do not need oil ultimately. Many recipes require butter or oil to grease the air fryer racks or pans to protect your baked goods from sticking. Also, a little oil or butter addition adds flavor to what you are cooking with the appliance. You can use cooking spray also.
How long does it take to bake a potato in a Cuisinart air fryer?
The size of your potatoes determines how long it will take to bake them. For instance, a small one can take 30 minutes while an average one will take 40 minutes. With this time, you can guarantee that your potatoes have cooked evenly.
Make sure the internal temperature of each potato reaches 2050 F. Hence, as stated by the America’s Test Kitchen, it is the standard internal temperature to get crispy baked potatoes.
If you have been using an oven for cooking baked potatoes, this guide on how to cook baked potatoes in the Cuisinart air fryer is meant for you. Try it; you will never ask for an oven to make these potatoes.
But, note that the outcomes can only be superb if you follow the right procedure and use a perfect Cuisinart air fryer. Another thing you will appreciate about having this appliance is that besides cooking baked potatoes with it, you can also bake cakes and cookies with it.