It’s probably one of those lazy days when you feel like not doing anything! And you have some cup noodles in your pantry.
This one is the best guide for you if you’re looking for the simplest way to prepare it and fix your empty stomach.
Yeah. You can prepare cup noodles without boiling water. You can make it with cold water, warm water, or noodles with tap water. It will just take more time than preparing noodles without boiling water.
Noodle gourmets argue that the best noodles are cooked using boiling water. But does that mean you can’t enjoy the delicacy without boiling water?
Do you want to know the details? Read on and explore more.
Do You Need Boiling Water for Cup Noodles?
Boiling water is an excellent way to make delicious noodles. However, there are other options. This can be the best option for making a cup of noodles if you have time to boil water.
Instant Noodles take a short cooking time before they’re ready. If you take longer than is required, you risk overcooking it. That’s why many people prefer using boiling water to prepare it.
How To Cook Noodles Using Boiling Water:
If you choose to boil water, the process is simpler than ever.
With boiling water or hot water, you can either pour some water into the cup containing the noodles. Or put the noodles in the pot of boiling water and leave it to simmer before you serve it.
Let’s find out!
Method 1: Adding water to the cup noodles
- Boil 2-3 cups of water using any available appliance; kettle, coffee maker, microwave, or pot over your stove
- Open the lid of your uncooked noodle cup halfway.
- Remove the seasonings, peel the flavor packets, and pour them into the cup.
- Shake the noodle cup to mix it with the seasonings
- Add the boiling water to the cup and close the lid. You can mix extra flavor if you want.
- Leave it to settle for 2-5 minutes before you open the lid, stir and enjoy your perfect noodles.
Method 2: Adding noodles to boiling water on the stove
On the other hand, you can add noodles directly to boiling water and leave them to simmer for a few minutes.
For this method;
- Boil 2 ½ cups of water in a pot that can accommodate up to 1 or 2 liters of water
- When the water starts to boil, open the noodles cup and remove the seasonings
- Peel the seasonings packets and pour them into the water, and stir
- Put the noodles in the boiling water and let them boil for 2-5 minutes or until it attains a consistency of your choice before serving them.
Can You Cook Noodles Without Boiling Water?
What do you do if you are too lazy or busy to boil water? Can you cook noodles without boiling water? Worry no more. I’m here to help you!
When the sun heats harder in summer, you’d prefer chilled meals instead of hotter ones. This method might come in handy.
Noodles undergo a cooking process before packaging; thus, you only need part of the time to boil it before it’s ready.
Room-temperature water can also do the magic! However, you might need to wait longer before they’re ready. Want to know how to make this possible? Find out below;
Option1: Soaking noodles in cold water
- Open the cup’s lid halfway.
- Remove the seasoning packets, peel them open and pour the contents into the cup.
- Bring back the lid and shake the cup to mix the noodles with the seasonings.
- Open it, add cold water to the point indicated on the cup, and close it
- Let it settle for 15-30 minutes before you open it and enjoy it.
Cooking cup noodles using cold water might be the easiest way. However, the wait time is not worth it. If you invested so much in being “lazy,” you might starve.
However, this method will salvage the situation if you run into a disaster and have no power or gas to heat the water. Although the noodles will come out a little firm, the soup tastes just as good as when boiled.
Option 2: Boiling noodles in cold water
You can also cook noodles on your stove without boiling water. In other words, you put the noodles in a pot of cold water on your stove before turning it on.
Noodle gourmets say that if you cook noodles without boiling water, you risk overcooking them. However, this method is also possible; only you need to be keener.
This method is similar to cooking noodles in boiling water and leaving it to simmer, as discussed above. But with this, you use cold water.
Put the same amount of water in a pot, add your noodles and seasonings and boil it all together.
Keep checking your noodles to ensure you don’t overcook them. Let them cook until you achieve the consistency of your choice.
As you’ve seen, when it comes to cooking noodles, there are several options. If you’ve been looking for how to make noodles without boiling water, there you have it! Hopefully, the guide helps you.