I cannot do without Trivets in my kitchen. Cooking is my hobby; without a Trivet would be an incredible mess. My tables and counters are safe from heat and scratches when I use Trivets; they are so satisfying and joyous.
Handcrafted trivets are fantastic; other than using them to hold pots and dishes, they add beauty to my kitchen, dining and even the living room. I use them with my instant and pressure cookers; they help raise food and will not mix with water.
Cast Iron Trivets are of different costs, variety of colors, versatility and shapes. In this guide, you will know what a Cast Iron Trivet is and what it is used for. In addition, the focus will introduce to you the 15 best Cast Iron trivet, that you can pick from them.
What Is a Cast Iron Trivet
A Cast Iron Trivet is a three-legged stand that I use for cooling and serving food on the counter or table. It is heat resistant and therefore protects the counters and tables from damage. Its low melting feature makes it suitable for this purpose.
What Do You Use A Cast Iron Trivet For?
A Cast Iron Trivet is essential; its uses are numerous depending on the size, design and color. You may be wondering what it is for. Here are some benefits that help and trigger you to acquire one:
- To hold pots, pans and dishes.
- Use as a meat rack in ovens.
- Its holes allow air circulation; hence use it for cooling.
- Lifting meat from the bottom of the oven results in good browning of the essence, even cooking and prevents scorching.
- The Trivet protects surfaces from heat damage, scratches, stains etc.
- Perfect anaesthetic in your kitchen and even dining.
- Use it as a gift for various occasions with friends and family members.
Best Cast Iron Trivet Comparison For your quick selection
The 15 Best Cast Iron Trivet That Make Your Work Easier
Experts have developed the 15 best Cast Iron Trivets that make your work easier. This guide will give an analysis of each one of them.
Have a look!
1. Lodge L8DOT3 Cast Iron Meat Rack/Trivet
- Its size is 8 Inches.
- It fits all 4qt Dutch ovens or more oversized.
- 100% seasoned with natural oil.
- The Trivet retains heat.
- Easy to use and clean.
- It prevents food/meat from scorching.
- Perfect heat regulator.
- Excellent fitting for Dutch ovens
- It takes a lot of time to heat up
- Finish colour scraps off with time
A Lodge L8D0T3 Cast Iron Trivet is an 8.12 ´7.93´ 0.4 inches pre-seasoned item that weighs 1.54 pounds. Its structure fits Dutch ovens that are 4Qts or even larger.
The Lodge Cast Iron has three legs that lift the meat from the bottom of the often, thus preventing it from scorching. The flow of air and even heat circulation gives the cooking meat an excellent and friendly browning, perfect for any heat source.
It is so unique that the Lodge Cast Iron Trivet has a season of natural oil, which makes it last longer without rust; it gives the Trivet a fabulous look. Its use and maintenance are easy; washing is done by hand, wiping dry by use of a soft sponge or piece of cloth and rubbing using cooking oil.
2. Home Basics Lattice Collection Cast Iron Trivet
- It has a set of 2 beautiful colors and four pieces.
- Round base for stability.
- Heavy duty.
- Elegant design
- Beautiful and does excellent work.
- Durable, it can last longer.
- Sturdy, it does not slip from the table or counter.
- Scratches surfaces without the rubbers adequately fixed.
A Home Basics Cast Iron Trivet is kitchen cookware that has a charming flair. Its dimensions are 8 ´ 8 ´0.5 inches, and it weighs 2.2 pounds with a round base, which makes it more stable on the surface.
Its cast iron is heavy duty that makes the Trivet last longer and, at the same time, retain heat. Holds boiling pots, dishes and pans without causing heat damage and scratches to the surface.
In addition, the Home Basics collection has four pieces, which one can buy separately at their own convenient time. The pieces are Trivet, spoon rest, paper towel and napkin holder.
3. Comfify Decorative Cast Iron Trivet
- High-quality and solid cast iron
- Heavy duty and rustic appearance
- Durable and rubber feet
- Dimensions are 7´6.9 ´1.3 inches
- Attractive look
- Durable and so can be of use for a longer time.
- Perfect functionality and usage are easy.
- Small in size, thus not fitting big pots.
- It has a rough and rustic finish.
As the name suggests, a Comfify Decorative Cast Iron Trivet vintage has a nice look, so you cannot afford to miss it in your kitchen for decoration and dining. It weighs 1.19 pounds. Having it in your home is such a comfort.
The usage of this Trivet is so convenient in the sense that you handcraft it. It has such a lovely finish, which is rustic, making it easier to use.
The Trivet is durable and one of the best gifts you can choose to give to special people and friends. It has a longer lifespan; one can keep and treasure it as a worthy gift.
4. Home Basics Cast Iron Fleur De Lis Trivet
- It has an elegant design.
- Rubber feet
- It has a protective coating.
- It weighs 1.3 pounds.
- Sound quality gives it a nice look.
- The dispersion of heat is excellent.
- Functional and perfect.
- Nice cooling effect because of quality and design.
- Somehow slippery
The Home Basics Cast Iron Fleur De Lis Trivet’s measurement is 5´5´8 inches. It has an elegant display in a home leave alone its fabulous presentation when serving food. There is nothing to worry about with your hot pots and pans; this Trivet is heat resistant and, therefore, can protect your surfaces (tables and counters) from heat and scratches.
Its heavy material and protective coating make it more durable and be used for ages without wearing out. Amazingly, some rubbers make it sturdy at the bottom and thus cannot slip over.
5. MKKI Gas Cooktop Black Cast Iron Stove Rack Trivets
- Lightweight feature(160mm width, 180mm edge & 30mm height).
- Compact design, Wok Support Ring
- Its size is universal
- Compact and durable
- Good fitting
- It does not slide and remains close.
- It can easily break because of its lightweight
The Gas Cooktop, also known as Stove Rack, is equally essential. Its weight is light when you compare it with other Trivets but serves its purpose well. It is so amusing that it has a universal size, which fits most stoves and Gas. Therefore, even without having the correct gas top measurement, you are good to go with this rack.
Working with this Trivet is comfortable once the ring has fit the wok or the grill properly; it does not slide. It is a good experience working with it.
6. Rluii Non-Slip Black Cast Iron Stove Trivets for Kitchen
- Sturdy and suitable for grills, ovens, gas stove, etc.
- Durable and skid resistance
- It is non-sticky
- Safe for ovens
- Multipurpose; oven, stove, grill, campfires
- Suitable for smaller pans and pots
Cooktops have many designs that suit various uses in the family: Oven, Stove, Gas grill and campfires. Therefore, never be stranded; pick one that is your favourite and suits you. Their fitting is sturdy and cannot slip/slide around, thus working with the effect.
Their resistance to heat makes them last longer because they do not deform and rust easily. Their dimensions are 6.85´6.22 ´0.87 inches, and they weigh 1.15 pounds.
7. Home Basics Cast Iron Fleur De Lis Trivet
- Stable and firm base
- Fantastic display
- Elevate base
- Non-slip because of the base design.
- Cleaning is easy
- Easy to match with other collections, i.e. Spoon rest, paper towel and napkin holders.
- Easy to preserve.
- The bottom rubber, at times, slips off.
Since we already described the Trivet above, let us look at the other collection that can match this type of Trivet; spoon rest, paper towel and napkin holders.
Spoon rest’s dimensions are 7.5″ ´3.6″ ´1.37″. It holds many utensils and therefore saves space in your kitchen. It makes the counters and tables look clean since it has spoons with sauce and so they cannot spill on the table.
Measurement for the Towel holder is 6.5″ ´6.5″ ´14.25″. Its freestanding feature enables one to serve meals anywhere because you can carry it all along with paper towels.
A Napkin holder, whose measurement is 5.65″ ´2.15″ ´ 4.95″, has an impressive and appealing display with napkins. With its lifted base, placing it on liquids like water is not a mess because the napkins will remain dry and clean.
8. JOGREFUL Round Cast Iron Trivet Royal Blue
- Heat Resistant
- Stable shape
- Lasts longer
- Non Toxic and oval shaped
- The heavy-duty thus protects against heat damage.
- Good design and works well.
- Pretty and long-lasting.
- Sturdy and cost-friendly.
- Not safe for ovens with temperatures more than 500 degrees.
Round Cast Iron Trivet Royal Blue Trivet Mats Metal Trivets for Kitchen Dining Table Oval Shape weighs 2.5 pounds. It has multiple uses for instant hot pots and pressure cookers. It is so satisfying to use them as gifts because they last longer.
They prevent surfaces from any damage because of the heavy materials. The bottom rubbers are a big safe for counters from scratches. Making them more manageable and cheap is encouraging because you use recycled materials.
9. Hedume 2 Pack Cast Iron Trivet
- Come with rubber feet for extra protection
- Durable covering with a special coating
- Beautiful design
- Heat Resistant.
- Good quality.
- Do not rust.
- Durable; do not wear and tear.
- Easy to clean
- Scrapping can remove the coating.
Hedume 2 Pack Cast Iron Trivet has a package of two Trivets with 6.8 inches diameter and 0.6 inches height. They are crafts of metal recycles, which makes them last longer and hold hot pots, dishes and pans.
The coating makes them unique, giving them a vintage look and protecting them from rusting and taking time to wear out. Trivets are attractive and, therefore, worthy of use as mats aside from trivets.
10. Sumnacon Rectangle 10 x 6.1 Inch Cast Iron Trivet
- Decorative cast iron trivets
- High quality and durable material
- Thicker to protect your table or countertop
- Perfectly functional
- Sturdy and nice design
- Easy to care for and maintain
- Rusts occasionally
A Sumnacon Rectangle 10´6.1 Inch Cast Iron Trivet weighs 1.83 pounds. Its design and material make it insulate the heat and prevent sliding off. Its rustic nature allows multiple uses apart from Trivet, such as mats and decoration of walls.
The Trivet is sturdy; therefore, breakage is not something to increase your worries. Its material is of high quality and has rubbers too at the bottom purposely for elevation; to prevent sliding of the Trivet and scratching of the surfaces.
11. DECONOOR Black Cast Iron Vintage Oval Trivet
- Floral Design
- High-quality and heavy-duty trivet
- Bottom rubbers are not slippery
- Rust Free and usable for multiple purposes
- Safe with a dishwasher.
- It does not wear/tear easily.
- It accommodates high temperatures.
- Gift table
- Small and can limit one on usage
DECONOOR Black Cast Iron Vintage Oval Trivet is heavy-duty, weighing 1.82 pounds, making it withstand very high temperatures and therefore keeps tables and countertops safe from the heat.
Its oval design of 9.5″ and floral make it attractive and appealing. The best feature makes it considerable any time one has a party to give it as a gift.
This Trivet has overwhelming advantages and uses: it keeps the counters safe by protecting them from direct heat and holds instant pots, pressure cookers and pans after cooking. Owning one is a pleasure!
12. Old Mountain Trivet – Protect Your Table Tops – Cast Iron 8 Inches in Diameter
- Weave design
- Pre Seasoned
- Ready to use
- It has longer legs.
- Nice design.
- Perfect shape.
- Useful for both gas and wood stoves.
- Not safe for a dishwasher
Old Mountain Trivet is 8´8´0.75 inches and safe to use in an oven. It prevents food from burning and sticking to the bottom. Always ready for use because of pre-seasoning. It ensures stability because of the 3 feet at the bottom.
The weave design makes it more beautiful. I am considering it for decoration when not in use is a great idea. Allows airflow when in use as a Trivet, thus enhancing cooling faster.
13. Gasaré, Cast Iron Trivet, Metal Trivet
- Turtle design
- It has a ring hanger for storage and beauty.
- It has rubber caps.
- It has four legs.
- Fashionable; used for decoration and Trivet
- Heavy duty and stable.
- Good size and beautiful.
- Cute Turtle design.
- Somehow small for large dishes and pots
Gasaré, Cast Iron Trivet’s size is 8.5″´7″´0.5″ with maximum protection of your tables in the kitchen and dining. The legs give the Trivet excellent stability and protect the surfaces from the high team by raising them. You can use this cast iron Trivet for wood stoves once you remove the legs.
You may wonder why the Turtle design is excellent: it signifies endurance and calmness. It has a hanger for easy storage and has been painted for good finishing lasting longer. The friendly package makes it worth giving as a gift during special parties and gatherings.
14. Sungmor Heavy Duty Cast Iron Round Metal Trivet
- Simple design with a pattern.
- Stable cover
- Suitable for both dining and kitchen usage
- Easy to clean by use of a hand.
- It works perfectly.
- Useful and decorative.
- Beautiful and heavy-duty.
- Paint may shade off after extended use
Sungmor Heavy Duty Cast Iron Round Metal Trivet measures 7.87 ´7.87 ´0.39 inches. Such a beautiful Trivet is worthy in homes for décor and its numerous uses. You will not regret having one.
It is more stable because of the cover that is not slippery. The rust-free protective coating makes it durable and last longer.
15. Sungmor Cast Iron Cock Trivet for Wood Stove
- Heavy duty trivet
- Paint by use of hand
- It has a vintage rustic look
- Useful and decorative
- Good quality and heavy material.
- Beautiful and looking good
- Perfect and compact
- Paint may scrap off with time
- Somehow small to fit bigger pots and pans
Sungmor Cast Iron Cock Trivet is made of Cast Iron of heavy-duty and measures 20.5´20.5 ´0.7cm. The creativity in this Trivet is so unique and attractive. The appearance of the cocks being together is so encouraging. You cannot afford to miss this on your dining table to keep reminding you of the family’s love and warmth.
The Trivet is very decorative and functional in homes, including restaurants. The protective coating makes them heat resistant and, therefore, suitable in the kitchen and dining to hold hot pots, dishes, and pans.
So far, I guess you have your best Cast Iron Trivet. Let me make it simple for you; I will highlight the best pick and second pick that can serve as an alternative.
Best Pick: Lodge L8DOT3 Cast Iron Meat Rack/Trivet
This Lodge Trivet is 8 Inches, fits all 4qt Dutch ovens or more extensive, is 100% seasoned with natural oil, and retains heat.
Second Pick: Home Basics Lattice Collection Cast Iron Trivet
Lattice collection has a set of two colors and four pieces, with a charming flair. Its heavy-duty will last longer without causing any heat damage and scratches to the surfaces of your counters and tables.
What To Consider When Buying A Trivet
Considering several factors when buying a Trivet is crucial. It is not difficult to do so because this guide will highlight several of them.
Resistance to Heat: Get a Trivet that can handle high temperatures of at least 450 degrees Celsius for practical use.
Flexibility: Ensure that the Trivet can be flexible to multiple functions like steaming racks, cooling racks mats etc.
Size: Considering the Trivet’s size will help you a great deal. Some Trivets are big and others small. Pick one the correct size for your instant pots, dishes and pressure cookers.
Cost or Price: Prices for various Trivets vary depending on their sizes, flexibility, and color. Brand and company can as well determine the price of a Trivet. Confirm one that is of good quality and serves your purpose.
Colour and design: Get an appealing and attractive colour, probably one that blends well with the colours in your kitchen or dining. Choose designs that can be decorative in your home as well if you so wish.
Shape: The shape of any Trivet determines its stability and durability. Consider one that has legs to elevate it, and in so doing, it will last longer.